In the meantime, back at the hacienda life continues with its own pattern of interruptions. Hence as usual, I'm disorganized :-D
So back to why we are here. Living with invisible illness and the backlash that comes with it. In past posts we covered the alphabet soup of DX I have, but today I want to talk about mental illness.
I grew up in an era of secrecy where mental illness was concerned. It just wasn't talked about, or if it was, you whispered. Thankfully, we have come a long way since then. It still is a difficult subject, but things are changing. Here is my small contribution to those changes.
I am Autistic, Savant, to be more precise. What they now call Autism Spectrum Disorder, or ASD. I also have Multiple Personality Disorder. This brings on a whole herd of "symptoms" that are disorders within themselves. I have been told all my life that I was NOT normal because of these things.
As I've stated before, there are a whole host of other things wrong with my physical body, but for now I am going to focus on living with Autism, and some of the issues that come with it. After all, that's where the name for this blog originally came from!
Since it's been such a long time, I'm stopping here today with this thought...
Just because you watch a show on tv, does not mean you know all about me and what I live with. I know I'm not the only one tired of hearing
"But you don't act like Rainman!"
Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment